Wednesday, October 17, 2007

In which Lambsie needs a hug.

...A hug like swallowing sunshine.

Man. Wouldn't that be great right about now?

I can't remember the last time I got hugged that good. I had a best friend once who used to offer up hugs that could cure the world but I was too awkward and insecure to welcome them and now I would willingly throw myself into the arms of a stranger if it meant I would choke at the sunshiney greatness of it all.

I miss that friend and now I can't find her.

And I had a friend before that, when I was really young, but now we're too far gone from each other to ever be like that again.

But oh, I'm near crying now. Amazing, all the shit that has happened to me and I cry because I can't get a good hug.

Of course, everyone knows its more than that, but I like to think that a good hug... and I mean buttercreamfrostingsunshineylemoncakefreshpickedstrawberries good... would be enough to catapult me from this linoleum/cinderblock/flourescent hell and land me where the land is green and there is rain and sun enough that the entire earth is content to cast her arms open and embrace every sad little soul on this planet.

No comments: